Your privacy is important to us. This privacy statement explains what personal data Armourcoat collects from you, through our interactions with you and how we use that data.
- The data controller in respect for this and official Armourcoat Websites is Armourcoat Ltd. You can contact the data controller via the contact form on the UK website.
Armourcoat makes best endeavours to adhere to the general principles of the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield frameworks.
Personal Data That We Collect
Armourcoat collects data to operate our web services and business effectively and provide you with the best service. You provide some of this data directly, such as when you contact us by any method.
We also obtain data from third parties. We protect data obtained from third parties according to the practices described in this statement, plus any additional restrictions imposed by the source of the data. These third-party sources vary over time, but have included:
- Data brokers from which we purchase demographic data to supplement the data we collect.
- Social networks when you use our social media pages
- Service providers that help us determine a location based on your IP address in order to provide information about our products and services relevant to your location.
- Partners with which we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities, and
- Publicly-available sources such as open government databases or other data in the public domain.
You have choices about the data we collect. When you are asked to provide personal data, you may decline. But if you choose not to provide data that is necessary to provide a service to you then we may be unable to service your requirements.
The data we collect can include the following:
Name and contact data. We collect your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number and other similar contact data.
Credentials. We collect passwords, password hints and similar security information used for authentication and account access.
Demographic data. We collect data about you such as your gender, country and preferred language.
Payment data. We collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument.
Credit Check Data: We may need to check your credit before providing any services to you
Device and Usage data. We collect data about your device and how you and your device interact with Armourcoat and our systems. For example, we collect:
- Product use data. We collect data on the items you enquire about or purchase and the web pages you visit.
- Device, connectivity and configuration data. We collect data about your device and the network you use to connect to our services. It includes data about the operating systems and other software installed on your device presented by your browser to our web services which includes IP address and regional and language settings.
- Error reports and performance data. We collect data about the performance of our web services and any problems you experience with them. This data helps us to diagnose problems in the web services you use, and to improve our web services and provide solutions.
Content. We collect the content of your communications when necessary in order to fulfill our services or agreements with you
- subject line,headers and body of an email,
- text or other content of an instant message,
- audio and video recording of a video message, and
- audio recording and transcript of voice communications
We also collect information you provide to us and the content of messages you send to us, such as feedback and product reviews you write, or questions and information you provide for customer support. When you contact us, such as for customer support, phone conversations or chat sessions with our representatives may be monitored and recorded.
Our Use Of Personal Data
Armourcoat uses the data we collect to operate our business and provide you the products we offer, which includes using data to improve our web services, products and personalise your experiences. We also may use the data to communicate with you, for example, informing you about your account, security and safety updates and product information.
Reasons We Share Personal Data
We share your personal data with your consent or as necessary to complete any transaction or provide any product you have requested or authorised. We also share data with Armourcoat-controlled affiliates and subsidiaries; with vendors working on our behalf; when required by law or to respond to legal process; to protect our customers; to protect lives; to maintain the safety and security of our products; and to protect the rights or property of Armourcoat. Some of our affiliates are outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and thus may not be compliant with European General Data Protection Regulations.
How to Access & Control Your Personal Data
You can always choose whether you wish to receive promotional emails, SMS messages, telephone calls and postal mail from Armourcoat via the contact form on the UK website.
Cookies & Similar Technologies
You have a variety of tools to control cookies, web beacons and similar technologies, including browser controls to block and delete cookies and controls from some third-party analytics service providers to opt out of data collection through web beacons and similar technologies. Your browser and other choices may impact your experiences with our products.
When you sign into your Armourcoat account to access features of our web services, we create a record of that sign in.
If you use an email address provided by an organisation you are affiliated with, such as an employer or school, to access Armourcoat online services, the owner of the domain (e.g. your employer) associated with your email address may: (i) control and administer your Armourcoat online services account and (ii) access and process your data on our systems.
Other Important Privacy Information
When a customer purchases or uses our products, or obtains support or professional services for such products or services, Armourcoat collects data to provide the service, including uses compatible with providing the service, provide the best experiences with our products, operating our business and communicating with the customer. For example:
- When a customer engages with a Armourcoat sales representative, we collect the customer’s name and contact data, along with information about the customer’s organisation, to support that engagement.
- When a customer pays for products, we collect contact and payment data to process the payment.
- When a customer receives communications from Armourcoat, we use data to personalise the content of the communication.
- When a customer engages with Armourcoat for professional services, we collect the name and contact data of the customer’s designated point of contact and use information provided by the customer to perform the services that the customer has requested.
Armourcoat is not responsible for the privacy or security practices of our customers or suppliers, which may differ from those set forth in this privacy statement.